The jcmdline package is a Java package with the following goals:
Features of the package include:
- Facilitate parsing/handling of command line parameters.
- Add consistency to command line parameter parsing and command
usage display through all executables of a Java application.
- Automatically generate a command usage based upon defined
command line parameters..
- Parses command line options and arguments.
- Supports frequently used parameter types - booleans, strings,
integers, dates, file names...
- Performs common validation tasks - checks for number ranges,
file/directory attributes, values that must be from a specified
- Displays neatly formatted usage and error message in response
to parameter specification errors.
- Provides support for commonly used command line options (such
as -help and -version) and a means to standardize command line
options across all executables of a project.
- Supports hidden options.
This package is stable and production worthy. Development is
hosted on SourceForge.
At present it supports only the English language. All strings
are handled via ResourceBundle, though, and any assistance with
translation to other languages would be greatly appreciated!
Should a developer make a change to the package that might be
deemed useful to the general public and/or create new parameter
types, please contact
the project administrator to submit your contribution or join
the development team.
This software is open source and is provided under the Mozilla Public License V1.1.
this page? Contact